Sunday, February 26, 2017

Week of 20 February

This is a shorter post, because I was out for three days this week. On Monday, I was in a debate tournament in Berkeley, and on Tuesday and Wednesday I was ill :(.

Anyway, this week went pretty much like last week. I did more burst testing, and I daresay I've gotten pretty good at it. I'm much faster, at least, though with several hours of repetition I suppose that's natural. Each burst tests a set of 12 seals, and it takes a moment to finish. While waiting, I tend to occupy myself by thinking up ways to do the testing more efficiently and quickly, which is why I think I'm a pretty fast burst tester now.

Apart from that, I also learned more about the vision systems that are installed to inspect the battery seals, and I have decided to do my entire project on that. Over the next few weeks, I'm going to do a lot of reading on this very promising subject, and I'll be sure to report that and my observations at Micro Tech on this blog.

See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pranav! I like that you spend the waiting time thinking about how to make your tests more efficient, but I think it's kind of funny, because as you think and make it more efficient, you'll have EVEN MORE time to think and make it EVEN MORE efficient. I guess I imagine the potential of efficiency as a sort of logarithmic curve, so eventually as you have more time to think, the extent to which you can come up with more ways to increase efficiency will actually become lesser and lesser. This could very well be wrong, but what will you do with your time when you've maximized efficiency?

    Also, how was your debate tournament?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jai--What's happening in the quality lab? Please describe the processes and what the outcomes are used to analyze.

    ReplyDelete